Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Glamour Shots!


I recently was luckily enough to have headshots shot by Mary Kate McKenna Photography. Mary Kate is a lifestyle photographer who now resides in the Frederick, MD region. She was gracious enough to donate some of her talents to members of the Greater Frederick Advertising Federation, and offered members free business headshots. Now, as you can see, Mary Kate stays far away from your typical, boring, stuffy headshots, opting to shoot outdoors, and encouraging her clients to wear comfortable clothing. Basically she takes shots that really show you, as yourself.

If you're a small business owner who uses personal headshots to help promote your business (I strongly recommend using one on the about section of your website, at least), I encourage you to get some professional photography done. Try to use fun, creative shots that will give your clients a sense of who you are. This will help set you apart from your competition and will make everything a bit more personal.

Now, I am in a bit of a dilemma, as I can't seem to choose which image I like best (although I think I am leaning towards one). I'd appreciate your input—let me know which one you are drawn to the most, and I will start using it on the Kalico website. After all, I want the image to stand out, be fun, and set me apart from my competition, which will hopefully help the viewer to remember me the next time they need some graphic design work!

4 comments:

Sandy Sponaugle said...

These pictures are GREAT! I really like #1 and #2.

I'd suggest #1 when you can be playful and #2 when it has to be more serious/professional.

Barb Noll said...

my fav is #2...I'd crop it a little tighter. fun photos.

Adizat said...

picture # 1 seems to fit - the fun loving profile.

Melissa said...

Love #1 Kim! # 2 is second pic.