Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's A New Dawn, It's a New Day…It's a New Year!

Happy Belated New Year to all! I hope everyone has had a great start to 2011! I've already been busy with some exciting new projects and great clients—I hope this is a preview of  the year to come!

Luckily, I was able to take a winter vacation during the last week of 2010. (Yay!) During my time off, I managed to update the Kalico website with some new content and new work! Per tradition,  I also created a set of 2011 business and professional resolutions for Kalico Design. I am curious if anyone else did the same—I'd love to hear some of them!

I've listed my goals below, and I'm hoping to use this blog as a way to update my goals throughout the year and to catalog any successes and/or obstacles I may approach along the way. (plus, putting them in writing makes them, well, realer, somehow!) Without further adieu, here are Kalico's resolutions for the new year:


Kalico Resolutions:
  1. Get Smart Phone in order to be more accessible to clients while I'm out and about in meetings or on the road.
  2. Reformat the Kalico eNewsletter with content that will be more usable for clients. In addition, I will write a schedule for the eNews, and stick to it!
  3. Blog a minimum of 1 time per week, increasing blog traffic by 15%. Plus, better integrate my social media efforts like twitter and facebook with this blog, as well.
  4. Develop a self promo to use throughout the year targeting businesses in the health & wellness, organic, holistic and women-oriented industries.
  5. Participate in 1 tradeshow event as an exhibitor or speaker.
  6. Attend weekly networking lunches, plus go to a minimum of 2-3 additional networking events per month.
  7. Acquire 3-4 new clients in the health & wellness, organic, holistic or women-oriented industries.
  8. Set aside a minimum of 4 hours per week to work on Kalico business and marketing, preferably on Mondays or Fridays.
Well, that's a great start! I'm sure as the year goes on, I'll set a few additional goals as well. Have you written your business resolutions for 2011? What is your biggest goal and your biggest challenge for the year ahead?

No comments: