Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for…Interns?



OK, so maybe on this 95+ degree day you actually ARE screaming for ice cream. But for the past few weeks, I have been nonstop screaming (as in cheering WOOHOO!) for my first summer intern, Jennifer Tyler! An aspiring graphic designer from Shepherd University, Jen has been a tremendous help for me during my busiest time yet since the inception of Kalico!

Without further adieu...get to know the new face at Kalico Design:

Jennifer Tyler is a senior in the graphic design department at Shepherd University in Shepherdstown WV, with plans to graduate this December. Before moving to West Virginia, Jennifer was utilizing a culinary arts degree working as a full time baker in her Native state, Oklahoma. She loves being active in the design community, and currently serves as the president of Shepherd's newly-formed student chapter of AIGA. Last year Jen helped to organize the first annual AIGA student exhibition displaying a variety of student design work, including her own work which was rewarded with a viewers choice award! Check out some of Jennifer's student work at her website, jentylerdesign.com.

Jennifer will be helping me out over the summer months, and I can't be happier (or more relieved!). I've definitely been keeping busy these past few weeks, as is evident in my lack of blogging (sorry!). But, stay tuned for updates on some of our most recent work!

No comments: